My Journey With Sumi - NCRO EVENT
Next Aging seminar, August 10, 2022, 11:00 AM Wills and Trusts at the Bloomfield Township Library
My Journey With Sumi
An inspirational journal of loving caregiving
- KC Mehta is a Chrysler retiree. KC is in the 9th year of taking care of his wife, Sumi, at their Michigan home. In 2013, at age 59, Sumi was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s disease. KC and Sumi have been married for 47 years.
- KC has written about his experience, sharing his thoughts and deep feelings. He hopes these writings will increase awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and help others find solace.
- KC’s writings are on a website called My Journey With Sumi at: https://myjourneywithsumi.com
The website is easy to navigate.
There are 5 sections.
- Our Journey: It has all KC’s essays. They are in the reverse chronological order. The latest is first.
- Interviews: KC’s written interviews in the media, or on the radio or podcast. The latest is first.
- Resources: Review of the books relating to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Self-Care: What KC does for his self-care and the art projects.
- KC’s Story: KC is planning write more in this section about their lives prior to Sumi’s diagnosis in 2013.
Please feel free to share with others. KC’s hope is that by sharing globally to a wider audience, someone, somewhere may find solace and inspiration.
NCRO believes that the information on this website was accurate at the time of its publication or presentation. NCRO makes no warranty of any kind regarding this information and is not liable or responsible for any losses or damages that may be sustained due to reliance on this information. This information does not in any way constitute legal or professional advice. The agencies and websites referred to below are independent of NCRO and NCRO is not responsible for any information or actions of such agencies or websites.
The AISC would like to offer the following tips to seniors seeking Aging services. This information is organized into 2 sections – General Information and Recommended websites, and NCRO Aging Seminar/Webinar videos/handouts.
As seniors age, they sometimes encounter illnesses that involve slow recovery and/or long-term care. They can be faced with life changing circumstances requiring important decisions that can alter the course of their future lives. Seniors often are not prepared for such decisions. They turn to trusted friends, religious leaders, doctors or other sources for advice.
In recent years the NCRO Aging Information Subcommittee (AISC) has conducted seminars and webinars, on several aging topics. The AISC has collected its best material and good practices into an Aging Information Library below.
New for August 2022
Estate Planning & Pitfalls 101: Solving Estate Issues
A webinar on Estate Planning presented by Diana Moak of Pugh Moak P.C. She covers the process and steps involved in creating a quality Estate Plan.
March 2022 | The Problem with Pain
A webinar on pain in cooperation with The Institute of Gerontology – Wayne State University, “Andi” Chapman RN, CDP, CADDCT, EPECT, CMDCP, CDSGF shared her insights on Pain and understanding how it impacts individuals and families.
Pay Your Yearly Dues
The easy way to pay with PayPal or a credit card! If you overpaid your dues, please submit a refund request to Treasurer@ncro.org, not through PayPal. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Not a member yet? Please join us. click on the "Join NCRO" button at the top of the page to join and register online before paying your dues.Click Here